Friday, July 03, 2009

Arrival

Hola from Huanchaco, Peru.

My team and I are staying the same place we have the two years previous, at the lovely Hostel Bracamonte! It was a beautiful morning even though most of us were barely awake when we arrived. We can hear the waves of the Pacific Ocean crashing against the shoreline. I am not sure about anyone else but I think after the long trip, seing fresh beds and having the sound of the ocean help me get some much needed rest.

We ended up with less time in the Lima airport this time around. We ended up on a 5 am flight t0 Trujillo....were picked up by Mike and Danell and dropped at the hostel.

It still was a long trip and everyone has gotten some much needed rest. I think fresh beds were a welcome site.

We are going to head into Huanchaco for lunch this noon hour to go over our plans for the weekend. Tomorrows activities will include a return to El Mirador to spend the day with the community leaders from the barrio. It will be a chance to get reacquinted with each other, plus a chance to play some volleyball....soccer.....and a couple of other games that we have planned. I believe there will also be a chance f0r one or two from our team to share some testimony.

Tonight we will have dinner with Loys and Theresa. It will be good to see them again and get re-aquainted. I know that when we come they love having us.....I also know that it makes things double busy for them and Mike and Danell. I really appreciate the work they are doing down here.

I do not know if I shared anything about my team yet. Besides myself...Dan Hitzler and Kris Shermer are veterans of this trip. Tori Reef is one of the newcomers. Tori is a long time friend of Danells. I know the two of them are looking forward to the week. Also new this year are Andrea and Jamie Whelan. They may end up being the two that surprise me most on this trip. Even though we have had a chance to meet and get ready for this trip over the last few months, I am still trying to see the dynamic of it all. Should be interesting. I know this much....I am really glad to have Dan back with me this year.

I am not sure how much I will have to add later tonight. If I do....I will come back and post.

Until later.........God Bless!
Oh....Anna....I love you!

Mitch

No comments: