Friday, July 04, 2008

Happy 4th of July





Family and friends,

As most of you know already, we arrived safetly this morning in Trujillo. It has been a very long 24 to 48 hours.

Once we got to our hostel late this morning. We got a chance to take a little nap before getting together with Pato from Project New Hope. He gave us a little lay of the land as far as the project goes. Mike and Danell joined us. Then a few words from Danell on Hope for Kids and some of the projects she is involved with. Loys and Theresa, who are the missionaries in the field joined us as well. I think they are starting to see some of their plans take seed.

It has been a good day for reaquainting ourselves with the team here. Also a good day for just taking a deep breath and catching up after a long trip. Anna has really be taking it all in. I am actually really anxious to get back to the room and talk with her a little bit about the day. I am really interested in hearing her insight on this as a first timer.

I got a little caught up in some last minute changes today. It is ok though....I remind myself about needing to stay flexible and roll with the changes. It looks like we will get a little more construction than we previously thought...and that is ok.

This flowering bush or tree or whatever it was is an example of some of the exotic beauty that this country has. The flowers sat atop a large stem.


I am going to keep it short tonight! Thanks for all of your prayers. We are heading out at 8:30 a.m. tomorrow morning for a day of recreation with a group fromt he barrio that helps Loys. Should be a good day of relationship building!

Love to all!
Mitch & Anna

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

SO glad you guys all have made it there. You are so funny dad... I went to email your group and you already did! You crazy man, I guess you have it all under control!
Are you able to text or is it better to email you if I need to ask you guys something?
Good luck with your day today, I hope the recreation time goes well! I have no real plans today just running around! the dogs miss you and mom already, as do derek and I.
Love you!
Ashley

Mitch Otto said...

SunDevils1963Ashley....

Thanks for the comment...please you can text me...just understand I may not text back...not because I don´t want to. I you want to e-mail us...use my gmail account....mitch.otto@gmail.com